Monday, January 30, 2012

Introducing...Me!

Hi everyone!

Me :)



My name is Victoria, but I usually go by Tori. I currently work full time as an enrollment manager at a local university. There, I am responsible for recruiting prospective students and advising current students. I have an undergraduate degree in English and journalism, and I am currently working towards completing my graduate degree in communication. I plan to graduate in May 2012, and I look forward to beginning the next phase of my life. In my spare time (however sparse that may currently be), I enjoy listening to music, going to concerts, traveling, reading, and spending time with family and friends.

I created this blog as a requirement for one of my graduate classes, Managing Information in a Web World. I chose music as my topic of interest because it is one of my passions in life and I believe that music can really speak to us on so many different levels. In addition to homework assignments, I hope that this blog will give readers a little bit of insight into the types of music that I enjoy and, maybe, expose them to new musical artists and genres.

Please bare with me as I get this blog up and running. In the meantime, I encourage you to check out some of my favorite Web sites below.


My favorites:


People.com

This is one of my favorite "guilty pleasures" sites - a place where you can go to catch up on the latest celebrity gossip and news. Who wore it best? What celebrity couple just named their baby girl Tangerine? Who showed up "fashionably late" to the Oscars party? With numerous sections including news, style, photos, games, celebs, and videos, People.com is one of the premier sites for celebrity news!

The Today Show

NBC's Today Show site: one of my go-to sites for national news and current happenings around the world. Arranged by topic, the site is easy to navigate and provides constant up-to-date information regarding events and news around the world.

Twitter.com

It definitely took awhile for me to warm up to this site, but it has grown on me tremendously in the past few months. It's a great way to see what has the world captivated at any moment of the day via its trending topics. In addition, it's another outlet for celebrity gossip and up-to-date world news (all taken with a grain of salt, of course!).

No comments:

Post a Comment